As a premier consumer service solution, air freight services accommodate same-day delivery to many different customer chains in need of maintaining a critical deadline. Airfreight charter services can easily deliver air freight shipments to nearly every single state in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada by using available air freight services. Airfreight services also offer rush services and same-day delivery in many cases.
For busy business and families, air freight services provide an affordable way to ship merchandise by mail. With most air freight services, customers have access to door-to-door shipping solutions nationwide and within just a few hours. The air freight services also provide overnight shipping needs, which is extremely convenient for those with international shipping needs. These services are extremely versatile and can meet the needs of virtually any industry or niche. Some of the more popular industries that use air freight services include:
- Residential customers: Domestic air freight services are commonly used to ship personal and household goods. These services are ideal for those who live in isolated areas or have a difficult time transporting bulky goods. This includes products such as electronics, jewellery, appliances, furniture, and musical instruments. This option also makes sense for those with domestic businesses because it allows them to avoid a costly move to a new address that involves an open house.
- International customers: Similar to residential customers, international air freight services are also used to ship personal goods and household goods internationally. Those who are interested in purchasing items such as automobiles or electronics would benefit from an air freight services provider. International shipments can be made by using a global air freight forwarder to make sure that items reach their destination safely and on time. Items such as automobiles can require special customs procedures when imported into a country, which requires additional fees to be paid and possible delays. By using a specialized air freight company to make air freight transportation, a customer can reduce costs associated with foreign logistics.
- Time-critical packages: For many companies and organizations, shipping needs often extend beyond convenience and affordability. Items that are not in frequent use or are sensitive require frequent shipment times and are therefore difficult for some to deliver themselves. A service that specializes in air freight services can provide just-in-time shipping solutions that allow items to be picked up when they are needed. Because these types of services frequently cater to time-sensitive shipping needs, they also make sense for those with timing or accuracy needs. In addition to regular air freight services, air cargo brokers can also provide individuals and companies with specialized options that cannot be met through regular channels. Specialized air freight carriers, such as Gulfstream and 747s, are ideal for long-distance and overseas shipping needs. These air cargo carriers can meet the weight requirements of all types of goods, including those that are extremely heavy or fragile. Because air freight carriers are also able to provide expedited shipping solutions, they are an invaluable partner for businesses that need the ability to move shipments through customs and quickly have products on their way to their customers.
- Electronic tracking: Most air freight services offer a tracking system for shipments that allows them to determine the status of a shipment at any time. Through this service, clients can track shipments on a real-time basis, allowing them to re-order or ask for additional pickups and deliveries if necessary. This tracking system can also alert clients to potential problems or delays with shipments before they become serious and cause damage to the goods being shipped. Tracking systems can also help determine if a shipment should be left at the carrier’s terminal or should be moved to another location.
- Landlocked developing countries: Air cargo shipments to developing countries can be difficult for companies that do not have local access to air freight services. For these types of companies, air freight services can help provide access to these countries to move shipments quickly and efficiently. Most air cargo services allow shipments to bypass many of the hurdles that are commonly encountered when moving bulky and/or heavy items over land. Additionally, air freight services can provide information to consignees and beneficiaries that enable them to make informed decisions about the return of the goods that they purchased. For these individuals, having quick access to air cargo services that can move their shipments directly to their respective countries keeps them in the loop and helps them avoid common pitfalls associated with non-landbound shipments.